1 ¼ cups Cape Cod Select Premium Farm Fresh Cranberries, divided
3 tablespoons fresh tangerine or orange juice
1 tablespoon lite rice wine vinegar
¼ cup lightly packed light brown sugar
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
1 teaspoon Asian chili garlic sauce
4 (3 to 4 oz) skin-on salmon fillets
Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
4 pieces (12-inch square) banana leaf, thawed, if frozen
½ large cauliflower, cored and separated into florets
1 ½ teaspoons sugar
1 teaspoon water
Garnish: sliced green onions and toasted black or white sesame seeds
Side dish recommendation: grilled bok choy
- In small saucepan, over medium-high heat, combine 1 cup cranberries, juice, vinegar, brown sugar, soy sauce, sesame oil and chili garlic sauce; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, simmer and stir 3-5 minutes, or until cranberries burst and mixture thickens.
- Heat grill to medium-high.
- Season each salmon fillet with salt and pepper. Place 1 fillet, skin side down, on one end of banana leaf.
- Spoon a good tablespoon of cranberry glaze over top of fillet.
- Fold banana leaf over fish, fold in sides, and continue folding to opposite side. Place packets, skin side down on hot grill. Grill for 8 to 10 minutes, or until banana leaf is charred, turning, during last 2 minutes of grilling time.
- Meanwhile, pulse cauliflower and remaining ¼ cup of cranberries in food processor to form rice-sized pieces.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat combine cranberry-cauliflower mixture, sugar, 1 teaspoon of salt, a few grinds of pepper and I-teaspoon of water. Cover and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- To serve: spoon some cranberry-cauliflower rice on each serving plate. Carefully unwrap salmon packets and place fillet on top. Spoon additional warm cranberry glaze over salmon. Sprinkle with green onions and sesame seeds.
- Present the dish on the opened banana leaf, if desired
- To make grilled bok choy simply slice bok choy vertically in half. Drizzle with some oil and season with salt and pepper. Place cut side down and grill until tender while cooking the salmon.
- Category: main dish
- Method: grill/stovetop
Keywords: salmon, banana leaf, seafood, grilling, cranberry, Asian