healthy on-the-go snack
1 ¼ cups Cape Cod Select Premium Frozen Cranberries
8 pitted dates, finely chopped
¼ cup brown rice syrup
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups assorted unsalted, roasted whole nuts, coarsely chopped
1 cup puffed rice cereal
¼ cup roasted pepitas or sunflower seeds
1 tablespoon chia seeds
- Heat oven to 350F. Line an 8-inch square baking dish with parchment paper or foil leaving a slight overhang. Spray with non-stick spray.
- Finely chop cranberries in a food processor.
- In small saucepan, over medium heat, combine cranberries, dates, brown rice syrup, butter and salt. Stirring, bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes or until mixture is quite thick.
- In a large bowl, toss nuts, cereal, and seeds. Add cranberry mixture and stir well to coat the nuts, cereal and seeds. Press mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Cool in pan on wire rack for 30 minutes. Chill in pan in refrigerator for 30 minutes or until cold.
- Using the edges of parchment, lift from pan and place on a cutting surface.
- Slice into bars. Wrap individually in parchment paper or foil and store in the refrigerator.
- Category: healthy
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: snacks, cranberries, healthy, bars, nuts, seeds