Stuffed with sweet ‘n spicy apples these egg roll pretzel sticks served warm will have your guests cheering
2 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper or to taste
4 cups of water
3 tablespoons baking soda
12 Twin Dragons Eggroll Wrappers
2 tablespoons ghee (clarified butter)*
1 cup small dice apple
Finishing salt of your choice
- Heat oven 425F. Line a sheet pan with a single layer of paper towels. Line a second sheet pan with parchment paper.
- In small bowl, mix sugar, cinnamon and cayenne pepper; set aside.
- In a deep skillet, bring 4 cups of water to a low boil. Add baking soda to water stirring until dissolved.
- Working with 1 egg roll wrapper at a time, submerge wrapper in simmering water. Cook for 20 to 25 seconds.
- Using a slotted spoon, lift wrapper from skillet letting excess water drain back into skillet. Lay wrapper flat on paper towel lined surface.
- Leaving ½-inch edge on all sides, brush wrapper lightly with ghee.
- Sprinkle evenly with a heaping teaspoon of sugar mixture.
- Sprinkle 2 generous tablespoons of apples evenly on top.
- Starting at 1 corner point, roll wrapper tightly, jelly-roll style, to opposite point. Fold sides under to seal and place on baking sheet.
- Brush lightly with ghee and sprinkle with finishing salt.
- Repeat with remaining wrappers to make 12 pretzels.
- Bake 10 minutes or until brown like a pretzel.
- Serve warm with caramel for dipping.
For a savory pretzel stick, try filling the egg roll pretzel dough with a cheese stick or a hotdog in place of the spiced apple filling
*Ghee also known as clarified butter has a high smoke point and tolerates baking at 425F without burning
- Category: appetizers
- Method: stove top/bake
Keywords: pretzel sticks, wontons, potstickers, eggrolls, twindragonwrappers, chefyaki, apples, cinnamon-sugar, game day