quick and easy dinner
1 Package Fortune Brand Yakisoba Noodles with Mandarin Orange Flavor Packet
2 cups diced boneless, skinless chicken breast or thighs
½ teaspoon kosher salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
1 tablespoon all purpose flour
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 large clove garlic, minced
2 tablespoons finely chopped shallot
1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
¼ cup dry white wine or chicken broth*
½ cup chicken broth
1-tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1-tablespoon small capers, rinsed
2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
Garnish: fresh lemon and oranges slices and fresh herbs, optional
- Puncture inner bag of noodles a few times with the tip of a sharp knife to allow steam to escape.
- Microwave noodles on HIGH for 1 minute; set aside.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper and toss with flour to coat.
- Heat olive oil over medium-high.
- Add chicken; stir-fry 3 to 4 minutes or until no longer pink. Add garlic, shallots and pepper flakes; stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Add wine; cook for 2 minutes or until reduced by half stirring to loosen browned bits from bottom of skillet.
- Add loosened noodles, Mandarin Orange flavor packet, chicken broth, lemon juice and capers; stirring for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle with fresh parsley. Garnish with lemon and orange slices and fresh herbs, if desired.
*Note: If you prefer not to use wine use additional chicken broth as a substitute
- Category: main dish
- Method: stovetop/microwave
Keywords: dinner in less than 30 minutes, chicken, noodles, quick and easy, yakisoba