noodle bun burger is a fun twist
1 package Fortune Brand Yokisoba Stir Fry Noodle Mandarin Orange
¼ cup water
2 eggs, lightly beaten
2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
8 leaves shredded fresh basil
½ cup diced vine ripened tomatoes
2 teaspoons plus 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1-teaspoon balsamic syrup
2 hamburger patties
4 slices fresh mozzarella
- Place the noodles, water and half the sauce base in a microwave safe dish. Cover and microwave on HIGH for 3 minutes. Mix well and spread out on a plate to cool.
- When noodles are cool mix with eggs, parmesan and 2 leaves of shredded basil.
- Divide noodles into 4 portions and shape each portion into a 4-inch “bun” on plastic wrap lined plates.
- Bring plastic wrap up and over the buns to cover.
- Weight down with another plate and chill in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine tomatoes, basil, 2 teaspoons olive oil and balsamic syrup in a bowl; mix well.
- Sprinkle hamburger patties evenly with remaining sauce mix; grill or pan-fry to desired doneness topping with mozzarella during last few minutes of cooking time.
- In a large skillet, heat remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat.
- Unwrap noodle buns and add to skillet. Cook, 2 to 3 minutes per side or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Arrange a noodle bun on each plate. Top with a burger and some tomato-basil salad. Cover with remaining noodle buns.
- Category: main dish
- Method: stove top
Keywords: burger, noodle bun, cypress, quick dinner