Crispy, salted cookie great for making ice cream sandwiches
1 ½ cups all purpose flour
½ cup almond flour
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon fine sea salt
½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
¼ cup ricotta cheese
½ teaspoon almond extract
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
½ cup chopped almonds
finishing salt of your choice
- Heat oven 350F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Sift flour, almond flour, baking soda and salt into a small bowl; set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, beat butter, ricotta cheese and sugar until well blended. Add egg and extracts; blend well.
- Add flour mixture and beat on low speed until dry ingredients are fully mixed in.
- Using a small cookie scoop, drop dough onto prepared baking sheets, 2-inches apart (remember these cookies spread).
- Top with a pinch of almonds and a sprinkle of finishing salt.
- Bake 15 to 17 minutes or until golden brown.
- Transfer cookies on parchment paper to cooling racks. Cool completely.
- Category: cookies
- Method: baking
Keywords: almond cookie, Italian, dessert, snack, ricotta, ice cream sandwich cookie