Enjoy an easy and healthy golden-crisp pan seared seafood dinner complete with two fresh salsa sides and tzatziki sauce
3 mini cucumbers, thinly sliced
2 tablespoons Sam’s Salsa Verde Salsa
1 cup full fat plain Greek yogurt
¼ cup Sam’s Salsa Verde Salsa
2 cups cooked bulgur
1 cup Sam’s fresh Watermelon Jicama salsa
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon kosher salt
8 grape tomatoes, halved
2 cups baby arugula
2 tablespoons freshly crumbled feta cheese
4 (6 oz. each) salmon fillets
1 tablespoon Southwest seasoning
2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
Fresh cilantro for garnish
- In a serving bowl, toss cucumbers with salsa verde salsa; cover and chill.
- In another small bowl, blend Greek yogurt and salsa verde salsa to make tzatziki; cover and chill.
- In a large bowl, gently toss bulgur, watermelon jicama salsa, olive oil, salt and tomatoes until well mixed.
- Place arugula on serving plate and top with bulgur mixture. Sprinkle with feta. Chill bulgur salad until ready to serve.
- Season salmon with your favorite Southwest seasoning.
- Heat grapeseed oil in large skillet over medium-high heat until hot and shimmering. Place salmon in pan, skin side up. Cook the salmon for 4 minutes (do not move it) or until golden and crisp. Flip the fillets and reduce heat to medium. Cook 4 to 5 minutes more or until just barely cooked in the center or to your liking.
- Serve salmon topped with salsa verde tzatziki. Arrange on plate with bulgur salad and cucumbers. Garnish with cilantro.
- Category: healthy
- Method: stove top
- Cuisine: Mediterranean/Mexican
Keywords: seafood, fresh and healthy, dinner in 30, quick and easy, recipe contest, bulgur salad