Winner of the Family Garden applesauce recipe contest
1 cup all purpose flour
1/3-cup white whole wheat flour
1-teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon fine salt
½ cup canola oil
1-teaspoon fresh lemon juice
2/3-cup Our Family Garden Applesauce Touch of Honey
1 1/3 cups finely grated fresh carrots
1 (8 oz) container mascarpone cheese or cream cheese
¼ cup honey
½ teaspoon vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 14 muffin cups with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk all purpose flour, white whole wheat flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; set aside.
- In another large bowl whisk the eggs until lightly beaten. Add honey, oil and lemon juice; whisk until slightly thickened. Stir in the applesauce and grated carrots.
- Add wet ingredients to dry mixture blending until dry ingredients are moistened and well mixed.
- Evenly fill the muffin cups with the batter.
- Bake about 20 – 22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven, place on a wire rack, and let cool completely before frosting.
- For frosting, beat mascarpone, honey and vanilla until well blended. Pipe or spoon the frosting on the top of each cupcake.
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate the cupcakes until serving time.
- Category: dessert
- Method: baking
Keywords: applesauce, muffins, mascarpone, carrot cake, honey, snack, cupcakes, frosting