A fresh take on pasta puttanesca has dinner on the table in under 30 minutes
Cantina Pasta Puttanesca
2 tablespoons olive oil
3 oil packed anchovies
½ cup pitted green olives, halved
½ cup pitted kalamata olives, halved
2 tablespoons capers, rinsed and drained
1 small zucchini diced into bite-size pieces
1 (12 oz.) container Sam’s Fresh Cantina Style Salsa
8 oz. dried Spaghetti
2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil
Freshly grated parmesan cheese or crumbled feta
- Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium-low heat.
- Add anchovies; cook 1 minute. Stir in olives, capers and zucchini breaking up the anchovies. Cook 2 minutes or until olives are just warmed through.
- Stir in salsa. Increase heat and bring mixture just to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer gently, uncovered, while cooking pasta.
- Cook pasta in boiling salted water for 8 to 10 minutes or to just al dente (slightly chewy). Drain pasta reserving ½ cup of pasta water.
- Add pasta and fresh herbs to simmering sauce; toss gently to coat. Add some of the reserved pasta water if the sauce seems too thick.
- Serve topped with cheese and additional fresh herbs.
- Category: pasta
- Method: stove top
Keywords: pasta, puttanesca, Italian, olives, quick and easy, fresh, dinner, healthy