Ready in 30 minutes this shrimp risotto is full of flavor thanks to fresh salsa, corn and chorizo.
3 tablespoons butter
1 link chorizo sausage, diced
1 cup arborio rice
1 tablespoon tomato paste
1 (12 oz.) container Sam’s Fresh Cantina style salsa
1 ½ cups water
1 pound cleaned fresh or frozen medium shrimp, thawed
1 ear fresh summer corn, kernals removed from cob (about ½ cup)
2 tablespoons freshly chopped cilantro plus additional for garnish
fresh lime wedges for garnish
- Melt butter in Dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add chorizo, cook, stirring for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Stir in rice and tomato paste; cook for 1 minute or until tomato paste darkens slightly.
- Add salsa and water; bring to a boil. Cover with a tight-fitting lid. Reduce heat to maintain a low simmer and cook for 20 minutes.
- Stir in shrimp, corn and cilantro; cook 3 to 5 minutes more or until shrimp are cooked through and rice is tender.
- Serve with additional cilantro and lime wedges.
frozen corn can be substituted for fresh corn
- Category: main dish
- Method: stove top
Keywords: risotto, salsa, quick and easy, shrimp, healthy, fresh, dinner