- Melt butter in Dutch oven or large stockpot over medium heat.
- Add chicken, quinoa, potato, onion, peppers, and garlic. Cook, stirring, until chicken is no longer pink.
- Add broth and corn; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until quinoa is cooked and potatoes are tender.
- Add milk, salt and pepper; cook until just heated through.
- Remove and discard chipotle pepper (or if you like it hot mince it up and add back to the soup).
- Stir in cilantro.
- Ladle soup into serving bowls and top with cheese and tortillas.
- Category: soup
- Method: stovetop
Keywords: stews, chicken, comfort food, Mexican, quinoa, winner, quick and easy