A crispy twist on deviled eggs.
6 Eggland’s Best Eggs, hard-boiled, cooled and peeled
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon sweet Asian chili sauce
1/2 teaspoon curry powder
1 tablespoon finely chopped flat leaf parsley, plus additional for garnish
Freshly ground black pepper
Vegetable oil for deep frying
1-cup whole wheat panko bread crumbs
1/2 cup flaked unsweetened coconut
1/3 cup all purpose flour
1 Eggland’s Best Egg, lightly beaten with 1-teaspoon water
1 scallion, finely chopped
- Slice hard-boiled eggs in half lengthwise.
- Press yolks through a strainer into a bowl. Add mayonnaise, lemon juice, chili sauce and curry powder; blend well. Stir in parsley and salt and pepper to taste; set aside.
- Heat 3-inches of vegetable oil to 350°F.
- In another bowl, mix panko and coconut.
- Dredge each egg white half in flour. Dip in egg wash to coat and then dredge in panko-coconut mixture.
- Fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown and crispy. Drain on paper towels.
- Pipe or spoon yolk mixture into hollows of egg whites.
- Arrange on serving platter. Sprinkle with parsley and scallions.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 3 minutes
- Category: appetizers
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: Asian
Keywords: deviled eggs, crispy coconut, party food