3 cups all purpose flour
1-teaspoon baking powder
½ cup smashed tofu*
6 ounces mild goat cheese
2 ounces cream cheese, softened
1½ cups (3 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
2 cups sugar
1-cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
2 tablespoons coconut liqueur (I use Southern Accents Coconut Cake)
1-teaspoon coconut extract
4 tablespoons unsweetened shredded coconut
- Heat oven 325F. Butter 2 (8 to 9-inch) loaf pans (glass pans work best).
- In medium bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, combine tofu, goat cheese, cream cheese and butter; beat for 3 to 4 minutes or until well combined, scraping down sides of bowl as needed throughout this mixing process.
- Add both sugars and continue beating for 5 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating to incorporate after each addition.
- Add coconut liqueur and extract; blend well.
- With mixer on the lowest speed, add flour mixture, 1 cup at a time until moistened. Increase mixer speed to medium and beat for 1 minute or until batter is smooth.
- Divide batter evenly among prepared pans and smooth the tops.
- Sprinkle evenly with coconut.
- Bake for 35 minutes and then reduce the oven temperature to 300F.
- Bake for another 50 to 55 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean and the hallmark crack down the center of the loaf appears just barely dry.
- Flip cakes out of pan onto a cooling rack immediately and then turn upright. Freezes well.
- Category: dessert
- Method: baking
Keywords: coconut cake, goat cheese, tofu, poundcake