Yogurt Smoothie Bowl Cake” servings=”8 to 10″]
1¼-cups all-purpose flour
¼ cup almond flour
1-tablespoon chia seeds plus additional for garnish
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
3 Eggland’s Best Eggs
1 ½ cups plain Greek yogurt (I use 2% fat), divided
½ cup canola oil
2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
½ teaspoon almond extract
1 to 1 ½ -tablespoons honey
fresh sliced fruit and chopped toasted chopped almonds for garnish
- Heat oven 350F. Spray a 9-inch round cake pan with no-stick baking spray.
- In large bowl, whisk flour, almond flour, chia seeds, baking powder and salt until mixed.
- In another bowl, whisk eggs, sugar,1-cup yogurt, oil, lemon zest and almond extract until well blended.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry and whisk until batter is smooth.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Tap pan on counter a few times to remove any air bubbles and evenly distribute batter.
- Bake cake in center of oven for 40 to 50 minutes or until golden brown and wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool cake in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes. Turn out cake and cool completely.
- Mix remaining ½ cup of yogurt with ½-tablespoon of honey; spread over center of cake leaving about a 1-inch border.
- Decorate top with sliced fresh fruit, toasted almonds and chia seeds. Drizzle with remaining honey.
- Category: cake
- Method: baking
Keywords: smoothie bowl, dessert, yogurt, fruit