Makes a delicious Baker’s Dozen
1/4 cup Milk
3 Eggs, divided
8 slices Cinnamon Swirl Bread, crusts removed and cut into 1/2″ cubes
2 cups All Purpose Flour
3/4 cup Packed Light Brown Sugar
2 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 tsp Baking Soda
1/4 tsp Salt
1 cup Sour Cream
1 tsp Maple Extract
1 stick Plus 4 Tbsp Unsalted Butter, melted and divided
1/4 cup Sugar
1 tsp Cinnamon
- Heat oven 400 degrees. Grease a standard 12 cup muffin tin with nonstick baking spray or line with paper cups.
- In a medium bowl, whisk milk and 1 egg until blended. Add bread, then stir to coat, for the French toast topping.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt until combined.
- In another bowl, whisk remaining eggs for 30 seconds. Add sour cream, maple extract and 1/2 cup of the melted butter, then whisk well.
- Pour the wet ingredients over the dry, then blend just until the dry ingredients are moistened, but do not over mix.
- Divide the batter among the muffin cups. Spoon the French toast topping evenly over the batter, pressing down slightly.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Invert the muffins onto a wire rack, turn them upright and cool 5 minutes.
- Mix sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Brush remaining melted butter over muffins and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- Serve warm.
- Category: quick breads
- Method: baking
Keywords: muffins, french toast, breakfast, brunch