Comforting creamy green curry chicken pot pie with everything bagel seasoned crust bites.
2 tablespoons butter plus additional for pans
½ to 1 tablespoon Thai green curry paste
1 shallot, chopped
1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
1 can (14 oz.) coconut milk
1 cup small dice peeled russet potato
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
1 tablespoon fish sauce
2 cups diced cooked chicken
1 cup frozen peas & carrots
4 Thai basil leaves or regular basil, thinly sliced
½ teaspoon kosher salt, optional
¼ teaspoon black pepper, optional
1 Wick’s Pies Dough Circle
1 egg white
1 tablespoon everything bagel seasoning
- Heat oven to 375F. Place rack in upper third of oven.
- Lightly butter 4 (4-inch) pie pans and place on a baking tray.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir in desired amount of curry paste (1/2 tablespoon is a mild heat), shallot and ginger; cook for 2 minutes or until very fragrant. Add coconut milk, potato, brown sugar, lime juice and fish sauce; stir well. Bring mixture to a gentle boil and simmer for 15 minutes or just until potatoes are tender and sauce is thickened.
- Add chicken, peas and carrots; cook stirring for 5 minutes or until heated through. Stir in basil. Taste filling and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper, if needed.
- Divide filling among prepared pans.
- Meanwhile, lay dough circle on work surface. Brush lightly with egg white. Sprinkle everything bagel seasoning evenly on top. With a pizza wheel or sharp knife, cut dough into ½-1-inch squares.
- Arrange dough squares, seasoning-side-up, over filling.
- Bake in upper third of oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown.
Ramekins or casserole dish can be used in place of pie plates.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Category: main dish
- Method: stovetop/oven
- Cuisine: Thai
Keywords: green curry chicken, everything bagel, pot pie, quick dinner, crust bites