Healthy and full of banana flavor these muffins aim to please.
1 cup all-purpose flour
½ cup white whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon kosher salt
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
3 over-ripe bananas (frozen and thawed)
2/3 cup light brown sugar
6 tablespoons coconut oil
2 teaspoons banana extract
1 tablespoon chia seeds
- Heat oven 425F. Line muffin tin with paper lines.
- In medium bowl, whisk both flours, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg; set aside.
- Peel thawed bananas over a large bowl, catching any excess liquid. With electric mixer on low mash up the bananas.
- Add brown sugar, coconut oil, egg, extract and chia seeds; blend well.
- Add dry ingredients and blend at low speed just until moistened and batter is smooth.
- Divide batter evenly among muffin cups. Bake for 5 minutes and then turn down oven to 350F.
- Bake 15 to 17 minutes or until wooden pick comes out clean. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Category: quick breads
- Method: baking
Keywords: muffins, breakfast, snack, banana, brunch, healthy