Inspiration from Tuscany for this moist lemony zucchini bread
1 cup (about 4 1/4 oz.) all-purpose flour
1/2 cup (about 2 3/4 oz.) semolina flour
1/2 cup (about 1 3/4 oz.) almond flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon table salt
3 large eggs
3/4 cups granulated sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil (I use avocado oil) or olive oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon lemon zest
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
2 cups grated unpeeled zucchini *
- Heat oven to 350°F. Coat a 9- x 5-inch loaf pan with baking spray.
- Whisk together flours, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl just until combined.
- Place eggs in a large bowl; lightly whisk. Add sugar, oil, vanilla, and lemon juice and zest; whisk until smooth.
- Stir in grated zucchini.
- Add flour mixture to egg mixture, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened. Do not overmix.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool bread in pan on a wire rack 15 minutes. Run a knife around the edges of pan to loosen bread. Remove bread from pan, and cool completely on rack.
- Prep Time:10 minutes
- Cook Time:55 minutes
- Category:quick breads
Keywords: Italian, Tuscany, zucchini, semolina, breakfast, brunch, bread