3/4 cup honey
4 pounds tomatoes, cored and cut into 1/2-inch dice, (14 cups, diced)
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
2 tsp. kosher salt
1 teaspoon fennel seed, toasted and ground
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- In large non-reactive saucepan, cook the honey over medium-low heat, swirling pan occasionally, for 6 minutes or until it darkens slightly in color.
- Stir in the tomatoes, vinegar, salt, fennel, pepper and smoked paprika, bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened to a loose jam consistency, about 2 hours.
- You will have about 4 cups of jam. Stir in basil. Pour into heat-proof containers. Chill.
And if you like it spicy add a bit of crushed red pepper flakes
- Category: Pickles/Preserves
- Method: stovetop