4 egg whites
¼ teaspoon sea salt
½ cup sugar
½ teaspoon vanilla bean powder
1 cup almond flour
1/3 cup all purpose flour
½ cup blood orange olive oil or flavored olive oil of your choice
12 teaspoons blackberry preserves
¼ cup sliced almonds
garnish: powdered sugar, fresh berries
- Heat oven 350F. Line a cupcake tin with foil liners or use little mini loaf size baking containers.
- Beat egg whites and salt to just stiff peaks. With mixer running, gradually add sugar and vanilla bean powder; blending well.
- Add almond flour, all-purpose flour; blend just until mixed.
- Add oil and blend until incorporated.
- Divide batter among prepared muffin cups. Spoon 1 teaspoon preserves into center batter. Sprinkle with almonds.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until puffed and golden and wooden pick inserted into cake comes out clean.
- Serve warm or at room temperature. Dust cakes with powdered sugar and garnish with fresh berries.
For butter version: Replace oil with ½ cup melted unsalted butter and add grated zest of 1 orange
- Category: dessert
- Method: baking
Keywords: blackberry, mini desserts, baby cakes, almond flour