If you are a fresh cheese lover, and who isn’t, this appetizer is for you. Taste the paneer difference.
2 tablespoons lemon infused extra-virgin olive oil or plain extra virgin olive oil
20 spears fresh asparagus trimmed to 4-inches in length
1 (8 oz) package Gopi Paneer, sliced into ¼-inch thick slices
1–2 tablespoons lemon pepper seasoning
1 (5.29 oz) package prosciutto (10 slices), cut into 4-inch lengths
Fresh lemon wedges
- Heat oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet with foil. Lightly coat the foil with olive oil.
- Blanch asparagus in boiling water for 2 minutes or until just tender. Transfer asparagus to an ice water bath to cool down and retain bright green color. Pat asparagus dry with paper towels.
- Lay paneer slices on a work surface. Sprinkle both sides of paneer with lemon pepper seasoning. Top each slice of paneer with 1 piece of asparagus lining up bottom edges. Wrap each bundle with a piece of prosciutto leaving asparagus tip and top of cheese exposed.
- Place bundles seam side down on prepared baking sheet. Brush bundles lightly with remaining olive oil.
- Roast for 4 to 6 minutes or until edges of cheese are just golden.
- Arrange tapas on serving plate. Squeeze fresh lemon juice over the top.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 6 minutes
- Category: appetizers
- Method: stove top/oven
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: gopi paneer