Light and delicious almond cookie.
3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
1/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
1 tablespoon honey
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
1 1/4 cups almond meal flour
24 whole almonds
- Heat oven 350F. Line 24 mini muffin cups with paper liners.
- In a mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar until light and creamy. Add zest, eggs, honey, salt and almond extract; blend well.
- Add almond meal flour; blend well.
- Divide batter among prepared cups. Top each with 1 almond.
- Bake 12 minutes or until puffed and golden brown. Cool.
- Dust with powdered sugar.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Category: cookies
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: French
Keywords: cookie cups, dessert, almond flour, frangipane, tea cakes, dessert