award winning crispy reuben egg rolls stuffed with corned beef, sauerkraut and creamy cheese
2 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 tablespoon Hellmann’s Spicy Dipping Sauce plus additional for serving
½ cup drained sauerkraut, blotted dry on paper towels
¼ pound deli corned beef, chopped
¼ pound baby Swiss cheese, chopped or shredded
8 spring roll or egg roll wrappers
Vegetable oil for frying
- In medium bowl, mix cream cheese and 1 tablespoon dipping sauce until blended. Add sauerkraut, corned beef and cheese; blend well. Divide reuben mixture into 8 (1/4 cupful) portions.
- Working with 1 wrapper at a time, lay the wrapper on a work surface with a corner point towards you. Spread 1 portion of filling (horizontally) just below the center of the wrapper forming a 4-inch log.
- Brush some water along wrapper edges. Fold the corner closest to you over the filling. Turn in the sides and roll tightly to far point.
- Continue with remaining ingredients making 8 egg rolls, total. While making egg rolls keep covered with plastic wrap so wrappers do not dry out.
- Heat oil to 350F. Deep fry or shallow fry, turning, for 3 to 4 minutes or until egg rolls are golden brown and crisp.
- Drain on paper towels. Slice on the diagonal. Serve with Hellmann’s Spicy Dipping Sauce.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 4 minutes
- Category: appetizers
- Method: stove
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: egg rolls, reuben, crispy snack, bar food