A sparkling homemade lemonade with a touch of elderberry and fresh fruit.
2 cups fresh lemon juice
2 teaspoons lemon zest
1 1/2 cups sugar (I prefer super fine)
8 cups water
2 cups ice cubes
1 bottle elderberry syrup
1 bottle Prosecco or sparkling water
fresh lemon slices
- In a large pitcher, combine lemon juice, lemon zest and sugar; stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Add water and ice; stir well.
- To serve: add 1 tablespoon of elderberry syrup to a tall glass or goblet.
- Add ice.
- Pour in lemonade; stir well.
- Top off with a splash of prosecco or sparkling water
- Add blueberries to glass and a lemon slice to glass rim.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Category: drinks
Keywords: lemonade, homemade, elderberry, drinks, party