1 ½ cups 100% whole wheat flour
1 ½ cups all purpose flour
¼ cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon Asian five spice
1 (12 oz) bottle of beer
2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Heat oven 375F. Spray 8×4 or 9×5-inch loaf pan with no-stick baking spray.
- In large bowl, combine flours, brown sugar, baking powder, salt and spice. Add beer, all at once, and stir just until dry ingredients are moistened; do not over mix.
- Spoon batter evenly into loaf pan. Drizzle or brush melted butter evenly over the top.
- Bake 50 to 55 minutes or until golden brown on top and instant read thermometer measures about 205F.
- Cool 5 minutes in pan. Turn out onto wire rack and cool completely.
- Category: quick breads
- Method: baking
Keywords: beer, bread, super bowl, snack, quick and easy, whole grain, whole wheat, healthy