If you like Biscoff cookie butter you will love these sweetest little pie pops
2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
3 tablespoons sugar, divided
1 teaspoon fine sea salt
2 sticks (1 cup) unsalted cold butter, diced into cubes
6 to 8 tablespoons cold water
1 package 6-inch cookie sticks
1 (14.1 oz.) jar cookie butter
1 egg beaten with 1 teaspoon water
½ teaspoon speculaas spice mixture
1 (4 oz.) bar semisweet baking chocolate, chopped
1 tablespoon butter
- In food processor, combine flour, 1 tablespoon of sugar and salt with a few short pulses.
- Add butter and pulse until mixture forms large pea-sized clumps.
- Add 4 tablespoons of water; pulse until dough starts to come together.
- With your hands squeeze a clump of dough to see if it holds together without cracking. Add additional water, one tablespoon at a time, and pulse until the dough is hydrated and holds together without cracking.
- Turn dough out and pat into two disks. Wrap in plastic and chill in the refrigerated for 1 hour.
- Heat oven to 375F.
- Remove dough from the refrigerator and let rest on lightly floured rolling surface for 10 minutes.
- Line baking sheets with parchment.
- Roll each dough disc to ¼-inch thickness. Using a 2 ½ to 3-inch round cutter, cut out as many rounds as you can, about 36.
- Place half the rounds on baking sheets. Gently press 1 cookie stick over the center of each round leaving about ½-inch from the top edge of cookie.
- Scoop 1 ½ teaspoons of cookie butter over the center of each round and gently flatten a bit.
- In the remaining rounds cut some small decorative steam vents.
- Brush edges of rounds on the baking sheet with some egg wash. Top with a dough circle. Press edges to seal. Crimp edges with a fork to seal completely.
- Brush top of cookies lightly with egg wash.
- Mix remaining sugar and speculaas spice and sprinkle evenly over cookies.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely.
- Melt chocolate and butter, stirring until smooth. Spread some chocolate over back of each cookie and immediately decorate with sprinkles. Gently press sprinkles into warm chocolate. Cool.
These make an unexpected and delicious gift individually wrapped
- Category: cookies and bars
- Method: baking
Keywords: dessert, pie, cookie butter, speculass