Cheesy on the inside and crispy on the outside these egg roll arancini are a winner.
1 cup cooked risotto*, chilled
½ cup shredded fontina cheese
¼ cup grated parmesan cheese plus additional for garnish
¼ frozen baby peas, thawed
5 cheese sticks, sliced in half lengthwise
10 Twin Dragon Egg Roll Wrappers
1 cup vegetable oil for frying
1 cup marinara sauce, warm
Fresh herbs for garnish
Heat oven 425F. In bowl, combine risotto, shredded cheese and parmesan; blend well. Gently fold in peas. Place egg roll wrapper on work surface with one corner point facing you. Moisten all 4 edges with water. Place two tablespoons of risotto mixture just below center of the wrapper. Top with a piece of cheese stick. Fold bottom corner over the filling, fold left and right corners in, and roll up tightly. Heat oil in deep skillet (I use cast iron) to 350F. Fry egg rolls, turning to brown all sides, for 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a rack lined baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes or until egg rolls are crisp and golden brown. While still hot sprinkle with additional grated parmesan. Serve with marinara sauce for dipping. Garnish with fresh herbs.
Basic Risotto Recipe:
- cooked 1 cup chopped onion in 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat until softened
- add 1 cup arborio rice, stirring for 2 minutes to coat grains with oil
- add 1/2 cup wine, chicken broth or water, stirring, until liquid is absorbed
- add 1 cup of hot broth, stirring constantly, until broth is absorbed. Repeat 3 more times for a total of 4 cups of broth. This will take about 20 minutes.
- Off heat, stir in 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Reserve 1 cup of risotto for egg roll arancini; cover and chill
- Serve remaining risotto for dinner or lunch. Serves 4
- Category: appetizers
- Method: fry/bake
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: twindragonwrappers, potstickers, eggrolls, wontons, chef yaki, twindragon, jslfoods, arancini, rice balls,