Best pancakes ever gluten-free or not
1-tablespoon sugar, divided
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 cup King Arthur Flour Gluten-Free All-Purpose Baking Mix
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1 tablespoon melted butter
½ teaspoon vanilla
- In small bowl, combine 1 teaspoon of sugar with cinnamon; set aside.
- Whisk remaining sugar and baking mix together in a medium bowl. Add egg, butter, milk and vanilla; blend well.
- Let batter rest for 10 minutes, so baking mix fully hydrates and batter thickens.
- Scoop out a level 1/4th cup of batter and place in a small bowl. Add water and reserved cinnamon-sugar mixture; blend well. Push cinnamon batter through a fine sieve to smooth out any lumps; transfer to a piping bag fitted with a small round tip.
- Preheat a greased griddle. Spoon batter onto the griddle spreading with the back of the spoon into even circles. Pipe spirals of cinnamon batter on top of each pancake.
- Cook pancakes until edges look dry and the top is no longer glossy. They should be golden brown.
- Flip pancakes and cook another minute or until cooked through.
- Serve with your favorite toppings or try the cream cheese icing syrup in the Notes
Cream Cheese Icing Syrup: in a small saucepan over low heat whisk ¼ cup of butter 2 ounces of softened cream cheese and 2 tablespoons real maple syrup until melted and blended and warmed through.
- Category: quick breads
- Method: stovetop
Keywords: pancakes, gluten-free, cinnabun, king arthur flour, breakfast, spirals