Quick and easy chicken chili with a taste of Thai
1 tablespoon unrefined coconut oil
1-pound boneless, skinless chicken breast halves or thighs, cut into ½-inch pieces
2 cups chopped onions
2 sweet bell peppers, color of your choice, seeded, chopped
1 (15.5 oz.) can white beans, drained, rinsed
1 (14 oz.) can low-sodium chicken broth
1 (4 oz.) can chopped green chilies
1 (7 oz.) pouch Kevin’s Thai Coconut Sauce
2 tablespoons chopped cilantro plus additional for garnish
Optional toppings: sliced avocado, crumbled queso fresca
- In Dutch Oven or other large pan, heat coconut oil over medium high heat until hot.
- Add chicken, onions and peppers; cook, stirring, until chicken is no longer pink.
- Add beans, broth, chilies and Thai coconut sauce; stir well.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 10 to 15 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened and chicken is cooked through.
- Category: soups and stews
- Method: stove top
- Cuisine: Thai
Keywords: chicken, chili, Thai, dinner, keto, paleo, healthy, main dish