1-cup all-purpose flour
½ cup white whole wheat flour
1-cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
¾ cup flax seed meal
½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
2 teaspoons cinnamon
2 teaspoons baking soda
1-teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup shredded carrots
1 cup chopped dried apples
½ cup golden raisins or chopped apricots
¾ cup milk
1-teaspoon coconut extract
- Heat oven 350F. Line 18 muffin cups with paper liners.
- In large bowl, whisk flours, coconut sugar, flax seed meal, coconut, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder and salt, until blended.
- Toss in carrots, apples and raisins or apricots.
- In another bowl, whisk milk, eggs and coconut extract; add to dry ingredients and mix just until dry ingredients are moistened. Don’t over mix.
- Divide batter evenly among prepared muffin cups (about 2/3 full).
- Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Category: quick breads
- Method: baking
Keywords: muffins, whole grain, dried fruit, fresh fruit, hummingbird