healthy version of the old stand by
1 (12 oz.) package frozen artichoke hearts
¼ cup sliced shallots
2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and sliced
1 tablespoon Chosen Foods Avocado Oil
¼ teaspoon kosher salt
½ cup Chosen Foods Avocado Oil Mayo
¼ cup mascarpone cheese or low fat cram cheese
1-tablespoon fresh lemon juice
½ cup plus 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons toasted Chosen Foods Royal White Quinoa*
- Heat oven 450F. Line a small baking sheet with foil.
- Toss artichoke hearts, shallots and jalapenos with avocado oil and spread out on baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt.
- Roast for 25 minutes; cool slightly. Transfer mixture to food processor and pulse 6 or 7 times to chop artichokes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 375F.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl whisk mayo, mascarpone and lemon juice. Stir in ½ cup parmesan and artichoke mixture; spoon into a small ready to serve baking dish smoothing the top.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Mix remaining 2 tablespoons of parmesan cheese with toasted quinoa and sprinkle evenly over top of dip. Return to oven and bake 10 minutes more or until artichoke dip is bubbly.
- Cool slightly before serving with crackers or slices of bread.
*To toast quinoa: Heat oven to 375F. Toss 1 cup of quinoa with 1 tablespoon of avocado oil; spread out on a baking sheet. Bake for 5 to 8 minutes or until quinoa is golden brown. Cool and store in a jar in the refrigerator.
- Category: appetizer
- Method: baking
Keywords: Chosen Foods, quinoa, roasted, healthy dip, artichoke