1 cup all purpose flour
¼ teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
1 ear fresh sweet corn, cooked and kernals cut off the cob (1 cup)
¼ cup buttermilk
4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, softened
½ cup sugar
1 egg, lightly beaten
½ teaspoon vanilla
1 jar lemon curd (store-bought or homemade)
- Heat oven 350F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In small bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In food processor, combine corn and buttermilk until smooth. Press corn mixture through a fine sieve (you should have ½ cup corn liquid); discard the solids in the sieve.
- In a mixer bowl, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add half the beaten egg (give the rest of the egg to the dog or make yourself a tiny snack) and the vanilla; blend well.
- Add flour and corn mixture alternating and mixing after each addition.
- Chill dough until firm, about 1 to 2 hours.
- Drop dough by tablespoonfuls (I use a cookie scoop) onto baking sheets 2-inches apart.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until cookies look dry on top and golden around edges.
- Transfer to wire racks on parchment to cool.
- Spread half the cookies, on their flat sides with some lemon curd and sandwich with remaining cookies.
- Dust with powdered sugar.
- Category: cookies
- Method: baking
Keywords: fresh corn, sandwich cookie, lemon curd, sunny-side-up