Tomato juice, molasses and soy flour make this exceptional bread delicious
1 (1/4 oz.) package Red Star Active Dry Yeast
1 ¾ cups tomato juice, warmed to about 115F.
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon dried basil
1-tablespoon olive oil
1-cup Bob’s Red Mill soy flour
3 ½ to 4 cups King Arthur Flour bread flour
- Grease a 9×5-inch loaf pan.
- In large bowl of stand mixer, fitted with paddle attachment, sprinkle yeast over warm tomato juice; let stand 5 minutes.
- Stir in molasses, salt, basil, oil and soy flour. Slowly add bread flour until it comes together and pulls away from sides of the bowl.
- Switch to dough hook attachment. Knead dough on speed level 2 for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Shape the dough and place in prepared loaf pan. Cover and let rise in a warm place, about 90 minutes, or until it rises ½-inch above the rim of the pan.
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Slash top of bread.
- Bake bread for 50 to 60 minutes or until instant read thermometer inserted in center registers 200-205F.
- Turn out on cooling rack and cool completely.
- Category: Bread
- Method: baking
Keywords: soy flour, tomato juice, bread baking, yeast, gardening, tomatoes