2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons Asian 5-spice
1-teaspoon baking soda
1 cup packed dark brown sugar
¼ cup canola oil
1-tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
1 cup sliced almonds
½ cup chopped crystallized ginger
¼ cup granulated sugar
- Heat oven 350F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In mixing bowl, whisk flour, spice and baking soda; set aside.
- In another large mixing bowl, beat brown sugar, oil and molasses with an electric mixer for 3 to 5 minutes or until well mixed.
- Add the soy sauce and egg; blend well.
- With the mixer running, slowly add dry ingredients, beating until well mixed.
- Add ginger and almonds; mix until combined.
- Using a small cookie scoop, scoop out dough balls into granulated sugar, rolling in sugar to coat.
- Place on prepared baking sheets 1 to 2-inches apart. Bake 12 to 13 minutes or until cookies look crackled on top.
- Transfer cookies on parchment to cooling racks. Cool completely.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Category: cookies
- Method: baking
Keywords: ginger snap, snack, dessert, asian