Easy and fancy French apple pithiviers
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
¼ cup sugar
½ cup almond flour,
1 tablespoon all purpose flour
¼ teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon fine salt
1 package (17.65 oz) frozen puff pastry, thawed
1 can (21 oz) Lucky Leaf Premium Apple Fruit Filling, chopped
- Heat oven 350F. Line baking sheet with parchment.
- Beat butter, sugar and egg until blended. Add almond flour, flour, cinnamon and salt; beat until creamy.
- Roll out each puff pastry sheet to 16×8-inch rectangle. Cut out eight 4-inch circles from each.
- Transfer 8 circles to baking sheet.
- Spread 1 tablespoon almond cream over center of 8 circles leaving a ½-inch rim.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons apple filling on almond cream.
- Beat remaining egg; brush over edge of filled pastry circles.
- Top with remaining pastry circles; crimp edges to seal.
- Brush pastry with egg wash.
- With tip of a sharp knife poke hole in center of each pastry. Lightly score surface in sunburst pattern.
- Bake 40 minutes.
- Category: dessert
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: French
Keywords: frangipane, French pastry, pithivier, apples, Lucky Leaf