Festive dessert with creamy crunchy layers of roasted pears, ginger snaps, mascarpone cream and pomegranate
3 ripe USA pears
2 tablespoons melted butter
2 tablespoons honey
½ cup heavy cream
¼ cup mascarpone cheese
2 tablespoons powdered sugar
2 tablespoons orange marmalade
½ cup crumbled ginger snap cookies
¼ cup pomegranate seeds
- Heat oven 400F. Line a baking sheet with foil and lightly coat with non-stick cooking spray.
- Core, peel and dice 2 pears. Toss pears with butter and honey, spread over prepared baking sheet. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until pears are caramelized; cool.
- In a large bowl, with an electric mixer on low speed, combine heavy cream, mascarpone, powdered sugar and marmalade until blended. Increase mixer speed and beat to just stiff peaks. Fold in cooled pear mixture.
- Layer half the pear fool mixture over the bottom of 4 serving glasses.
- Reserve 2 tablespoons of the crumbled cookies for garnish. Sprinkle the remaining cookies evenly over the pear fool.
- Sprinkle with half the pomegranate seeds.
- Dollop remaining pear fool on top. Sprinkle evenly with remaining cookies and pomegranate seeds.
- Thinly slice the remaining pear. Garnish each serving with a fan of pear slices.
- Category: dessert
- Method: roasting
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: pears, fool, mascarpone, trifle, roasted fruit