Korean style chicken dish
2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
¼ teaspoon salt
1 whole chicken
1/3 cup soused, salted shrimp
5 tablespoons chopped green onions
1 tablespoon chopped garlic
1 tablespoon grated ginger
1-tablespoon sesame oil
5 Korean red peppers, seeded, diced
5 Korean green peppers, seeded, diced
1 onion, diced
- Grind sesame seeds and salt together.
- Cut chicken into pieces (2-inch pieces); mix with shrimp and seasoning and let stand 15 to 30 minutes.
- Fry chicken in sesame oil to brown on all sides.
- Pour in ½ cup water; cover and simmer on low heat for 15 to 20 minutes or until chicken is just cooked through.
- Remove cover. When liquid has evaporated add vegetables and stir-fry briefly.
check your local Asian market for ingredients
- Category: main dish
- Method: stove top
- Cuisine: Korean
Keywords: chicken, healthy meal, Korean,