an unforgetable breakfast pizza
3 cups bread flour
1 russett potato, roasted, peeled, grated
1- tablespoon sugar
1- teaspoon salt
1 (2 ¼ tsp.) packet instant dry yeast (quick-rise)
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 ¼ – cups lukewarm water
2 tablespoons butter
1 baking apple, peeled, cored, chopped
1/3- cup dried sweetened cranberries
1/3- cup orange marmalade
½ cup packed shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Combine flour, potato, sugar, salt, yeast, olive oil and water in a stand mixer. Mix and knead about 5 minutes or until a soft, smooth dough ball forms.
- Place dough in a lightly greased bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let rise 1 ½ hours or place in refrigerator and let rise overnight.
- Just before the dough rising time is up heat oven to 425F.
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add apples, cranberries and orange marmalade; cook, stirring, 3 to 5 minutes or until bubbly and apples are just tender.
- Gently punch down dough. On a lightly buttered baking sheet, press down into a 9-inch x 12-inch rectangle. Use your fingers to gently dimple the dough all over.
- Spread the apple mixture evenly over the dough leaving a 1/2-inch rim around the edge.
- Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 16 to 20 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Slice into wedges.
- Category: breakfast
- Method: baking
Keywords: pizza, yeast dough, apple-cranberry