cranberry muffins filled with lemon curd
1 and 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
¾ cup granulated sugar
½ cup plain Greek yogurt
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
½ teaspoon lemon extract
Zest of 1 large lemon
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons milk
1 and 1/2 cups Cape Cod Select Premium Frozen Cranberries (do not thaw)
1 jar lemon curd
- Preheat oven to 425F degrees. Spray a 12 count muffin cups with nonstick spray or line with cupcake liners that rise above the rim of the pan (like the tulip shaped liners in the photo).
- In large mixing bowl, whisk flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- In medium mixing bowl, with an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar for 2 minutes or until light and fluffy scraping down sides of bowl as needed. Add eggs; beat until well blended. Add yogurt, vanilla, lemon extract, zest, lemon juice and milk; blend well.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix with a rubber spatula just until dry ingredients are moistened. Fold in cranberries.
- Scoop batter into prepared muffin cups filling to the top.
- Bake for 5 minutes at 425F degrees, then lower the oven temperature to 350F degrees and bake for 20 to 24 more minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool completely.
- With a melon baller tool scoop out the top center of the muffin.
- Fill with a small spoonful of lemon curd. Replace muffin tops.
Please note that if you use standard liners that just fit the size of your muffin tin that your yield will be up to 15 muffins and your bake time will be a few minutes less.
- Category: k breadsquic
- Method: baking
Keywords: muffins, lemon curd, cranberry, breakfast, brunch, sweet treat, cape cod