Cape Cod Select Premium Frozen Cranberries is hosting a blogger challenge. I am thrilled to participate and bring this kind of quality product to my blog.
For more than 70 years the Rhodes family has been harvesting cranberries. Just open a bag of their cranberries and you will see nothing but bright red and fresh beautiful fruit. Available all year long, I have never seen cranberries like these before. They are like jewels. I just could not wait to create some recipes like these lemon muffins and the best cranberry agrodolce sauce. Cranberries for all seasons are here. These are some of my best cranberry recipes.
Just last week I was eating the best cranberry lemon muffin I had ever tasted. It came at a premium price from a high-end coffee shop. It was so good I went back the next day and purchased another. I knew I needed to try and make these muffins at home and I did. Light and buttery these muffins are filled with cranberries and tart lemon curd. Husband approved these muffins are perfect for all those overnight holiday guests.
Cranberry muffins filled with lemon curd.
1 and ¾ cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
¾ cup granulated sugar
½ cup plain Greek yogurt
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
½ teaspoon lemon extract
Zest of 1 large lemon
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons milk
1 and ½ cups Cape Cod Select Premium Frozen Cranberries (do not thaw)
1 jar lemon curd
- Preheat oven to 425F degrees. Spray a 12 count muffin cups with nonstick spray or line with cupcake liners that rise above the rim of the pan (like the tulip shaped liners in the photo).
- In large mixing bowl, whisk flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- In medium mixing bowl, with an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar for 2 minutes or until light and fluffy scraping down sides of bowl as needed. Add eggs; beat until well blended. Add yogurt, vanilla, lemon extract, zest, lemon juice and milk; blend well.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix with a rubber spatula just until dry ingredients are moistened. Fold in cranberries.
- Scoop batter into prepared muffin cups filling to the top.
- Bake for 5 minutes at 425F degrees, then lower the oven temperature to 350F degrees and bake for 20 to 24 more minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool completely.
- With a melon baller tool scoop out the top center of the muffin.
- Fill with a small spoonful of lemon curd. Replace muffin tops.
Please note that if you use standard liners that just fit the size of your muffin tin that your yield will be up to 15 muffins and your bake time will be a few minutes less.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: k breadsquic
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: muffins, lemon curd, cranberry, breakfast, brunch, sweet treat, cape cod
While most of us use cranberries in baking have you thought about adding them to a main dish or entree? Tapping into my Sicilian roots I thought Cape Cod Select cranberries would be perfect in an agrodolce sauce recipe. Agrodolce translates to sweet & sour and these cranberries shine in a savory mix of onions, vinegar, apple cider, rosemary, ginger and brown sugar. Can you say dinner on the table this busy holiday season in 30 minutes? Yes, you can!Print
The Sicilian version of sweet and sour this chicken dinner is ready in an hour.
4 to 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs*
1-teaspoon kosher salt
½-teaspoon ground black pepper
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon finely chopped peeled fresh ginger
⅛ teaspoon crushed pepper flakes
1 small to medium onion, chopped
1 cup Wisconsin fresh or frozen cranberries
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 ½ cups apple cider or juice
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary leaves plus additional for garnish
1 ½ tablespoons dark brown sugar
cooked spaghetti squash; optional
- Season chicken with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in large skillet.
- Add chicken; cook until golden brown on both sides, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer chicken to a plate.
- To same skillet, stir in ginger, pepper flakes, onion and cranberries; cook for 5 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Add butter, apple cider or juice, red wine vinegar and rosemary; stir well and bring to a boil. Gently boil for 15 to 20 minutes or until sauce is reduced by half.
- Stir in brown sugar.
- Return chicken and any accumulated juice to pan. Cook for 10 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked and tender.
- To serve: spoon cooked spaghetti squash over center of plate. Top with chicken and sauce. Garnish with fresh rosemary.
*We love chicken thighs in our house, but feel free to substitute boneless chicken breast if that is what you prefer. Just leave the chicken skin intact to avoid overcooked chicken.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Category: main dish
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: Sicilian
Keywords: chicken, cranberry, agrodolce, healthy dinner, Sicilian
How about that gorgeous drink featured in my first photo? Greet your guests at the door with my Holiday Cranberry Pear Rosemary Spritzer and they may never leave. It's your fault that you are treating your friends and family to the best of the best.Print
refreshing holiday drink
¼ cup sugar
¼ cup pear brandy
¼ cup Cape Cod Select Premium Frozen Cranberries
1 sprig fresh rosemary plus additional for garnish
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
½ cup (4 ounces) good quality vodka
1 cup (8 ounces) cold prosecco or cranberry flavored seltzer
- In small saucepan, over medium heat, swirl sugar, pear brandy, cranberries and rosemary until sugar is dissolved and mixture comes just to a boil. Let mixture steep and cool for at least 30 minutes.
- Remove and reserve cranberries. Remove and discard rosemary sprig.
- In a shaker filled with ice, combine cranberry pear syrup, lime juice and vodka; shake well.
- Pour over 4 ice filled glasses. Top each with ¼ cup (2 ounces) prosecco or cranberry flavored seltzer.
- For glass garnish: skewer reserved cranberries onto fresh rosemary sprigs and drape on top of glass.
the cranberry syrup can be made in advance and kept chilled in the refrigerator
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: drink
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: spritzer, holiday, beverage, cranberry, rosemary, vodka, prosecco
Thanks Cape Cod Select for sponsoring this recipe contest and sharing your delicious cranberries with me and my readers.