Baked in a biscotti pan made these sweet, crunchy, coconut cookies with a decadent drizzle easy to shape and slice
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ baking powder
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or extract
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 2 ¼ cups sweetened flaked coconut
- ½ cup espresso chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Heat oven 350F. Line biscotti pan with a parchment paper sling.
- In medium bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- Beat butter and sugar with electric mixture for 5 minutes or until light and fluffy. Add eggs, vanilla and coconut extract; blend well.
- With mixer on low speed, add coconut and then gradually and flour mixture.
- Spread dough evenly in prepared pan.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until slightly domed and golden brown.
- Let cool 10 minutes in pan. Using the handles of parchment paper, transfer loaf to cooling rack. Cool to room temperature.
- Place cooled loaf on a cutting surface. Using a long, cut into ½-inch wide slices. Place slices on a baking sheet and toast in 350F. oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly brown.
- Turn slices over and toast other side for 3 to 4 minutes. Cool on wire rack.
- Melt espresso chocolate chips and coconut oil in microwave, stirring every 30 seconds, until smooth. Drizzle over cooled biscotti.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: cookies and bars
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: coconut, biscotti, holiday, baking,