wild blueberries and chocolate frozen smoothie
1 ½ cups pure coconut water
2 ounces organic dark chocolate (72% cacao or greater), chopped
1 teaspoon dark unsweetened cocoa powder or raw cacao
3 pitted medjool dates
1 cup frozen wild blueberries, plus additional for garnish
2 heart shaped marshmallows, optional
- Pour 1 cup of coconut water into an ice cube tray and freeze.
- Place chocolate and cocoa in a small heatproof 1-cup measure.
- In a small saucepan, bring remaining coconut water to a boil; pour over chocolate and let stand 1 minute. Stir mixture until chocolate is melted.
- Add dates to hot chocolate and let cool to room temperature.
- In high-speed blender, combine cooled chocolate-date-coconut water mixture, frozen wild blueberries and frozen coconut water cubes; blend until smooth.
- Pour into serving glasses. Garnish with marshmallow and wild blueberries, if desired.
- Category: drinks
- Method: blender
Keywords: wild blueberries, smoothie, frozen hot chocolate, beverage, dessert