an easy party pate
When my friend Steven came to visit I asked him if he had any great recipes using garbanzo beans. I explained that another friend had sent a can of beans to show off the new transparent packaging and in exchange I’d post a holiday recipe.
This smoked trout dip is easy to make with a full smokey flavor balanced by the lemon and dill. It’s smooth and spreadable and goes well with crostini or a crisp plain cracker. I hope you all enjoy it.Print
Easy Party Pate
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: serves 10 to 12 1x
smoked trout spread
1 (8 oz.) package smoked trout, skin removed
½ can (15 oz) Glory Garbanzo Beans plus 1 ½ tablespoons liquid
1 tablespoon heavy cream
2 cloves garlic, smashed
1 tablespoon chopped shallot
1 teaspoon chopped fresh dill
1 to 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon lime juice
¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients except one teaspoon lemon juice in food processor.
- Process until smooth. Taste and adjust seasoning with remaining lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Spoon into serving bowl. Drizzle top with a little olive oil. Garnish with fresh herbs.
- Serve with toast or crackers.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Category: appetizer
- Method: no cook
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: smoked trout, garbanzo beans, pate, party food
Leave a Reply