Celebrate your favorite veteran always and forever. Inspired by my favorite US Navy sailor this sparkler of a drink contains a liqueur called Poire William. It is a pear flavored brandy that goes well with fresh ginger and some patriotic fruit colors. Top it off with some bubbly and just says "cheers".Print
Mionetto prosecco recipe contest finalist
¼ cup sugar
¼ cup poire William (pear brandy)
1 slice peeled ginger
4 slices pear
- In small saucepan, over medium heat, swirl sugar, poire William and ginger until sugar is dissolved; cool.
- Remove and discard ginger.
- Spoon 1 ½ tablespoons of syrup in each of 4 flute glasses.
- Top with prosecco; gently stir.
- Drop 1 blueberry, 1 raspberry and 1 pear slice in each glass.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 minutes
- Category: drinks
- Method: stove top
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: sparkling, prosecco, cocktail, fresh fruit, the red, white and blue, celebration