Sparkling Elderberry Lemonade is my new drink of the season. It's a blend of homemade lemonade and elderberry syrup topped off with a little sparkle and fresh fruit. It is sure to tickle your citrus taste buds and maybe even your nose. With warm weather on the horizon and the joy of folks gathering you will need this version of lemonade (with or without the alcohol). It is so easy to make.
At the end of the day there is nothing better than a deep cleansing breath and a garden walk with a refreshing sparkling elderberry lemonade in hand. Soak in the sun, the scenery and the joy. Gardening and cooking will always be a labor of love, but I highly recommend both activities as they deliver incredible rewards. Once the dirt is washed off and the plates and glasses are filled, so many can enjoy the fruits of your labor. There is so much beauty in that.Print
A sparkling homemade lemonade with a touch of elderberry and fresh fruit.
2 cups fresh lemon juice
2 teaspoons lemon zest
1 ½ cups sugar (I prefer super fine)
8 cups water
2 cups ice cubes
1 bottle elderberry syrup
1 bottle Prosecco or sparkling water
fresh lemon slices
- In a large pitcher, combine lemon juice, lemon zest and sugar; stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Add water and ice; stir well.
- To serve: add 1 tablespoon of elderberry syrup to a tall glass or goblet.
- Add ice.
- Pour in lemonade; stir well.
- Top off with a splash of prosecco or sparkling water
- Add blueberries to glass and a lemon slice to glass rim.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Category: drinks
- Method: no cook
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: lemonade, homemade, elderberry, drinks, party