Christmas Pear Kale Salad
What will you be serving for holiday dinner? Prime Rib, Roast Turkey, Beef Tenderloin? Whatever your main course I have the perfect side dish to go with it. The merriest Christmas pear and kale salad featuring fresh USA Pears is total “eye candy” and mouthwateringly (is that a word?) delicious.
Last, but certainly not least, this easy recipe. It is my final entry in the USA Pears Blogger Recipe Challenge Appetizers/Side Dishes category. It could be my favorite entry of all or maybe this pear poundcake is my favorite. Or, I don’t know, I really liked this pear crostini and this pear dessert. But then, this pear pad Thai salad. You can’t go wrong with recipes featuring fresh USA Pears.
With a bright lemony dressing and dazzling superfood colors, textures and flavors this fresh pear and kale salad with be a feast for your eyes and party in your mouth…..Print
The Merriest Christmas Pear and Kale Salad
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: serves 4-6 1x
Festive pear and kale salad with lemon vinaigrette
½ cup extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, (1 lemon)
1 tablespoon honey
½ teaspoon fine sea salt
¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
6 cups torn kale leaves
¼ cup baby arugula
2 USA Pears, sliced
¼ cup honey glazed sliced almonds (or nuts of your choice)
¼ cup pomegranate seeds
2 tablespoons roasted sunflower seeds
Shards of manchego cheese
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a jar with a screw top lid; shake to blend.
- Place kale in a large bowl. Drizzle kale with a tablespoon or two of dressing. Massage kale with your hands for 1 to 2 minutes or until it becomes tender and a deeper green in color.
- Pour remaining dressing into a small serving bowl and place in center of a large round serving plate.
- Arrange kale around the bowl on the plate forming a wreath. Top with arugula, sliced pears, almonds, pomegranate seeds and cheese.
- Spoon dressing over salad just before serving.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: salad
- Method: no cook
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: salad, holiday, kale, side dish, lemon vinaigrette
Cheers to 2020. May you resolve to eat more pears
For more information and delicious recipes check out the website www.usapears.org and their social media platforms @usapears.
Leave a Reply