Get ready for an amazing salsa salmon dinner with 2 sides in under 30 minutes
The Sam’s Fresh Salsa Blogger Challenge is on. Thirty bloggers have been chosen and I am so happy to be a part of this culinary competition. “Bueno On Everything” Sam’s generously provided each recipe developer with 6 containers of their three new flavors:
Cantina Medium Salsa, Salsa Verde, and Watermelon Jicama Salsa
I have big news. I am never making homemade salsa again. Sam’s fresh salsas are that good not to mention convenient. I feel like I picked every ingredient in Sam’s Salsa from my garden. I’m hard pressed to choose a favorite as each is so vibrant, real and natural. I Just L♥︎ve them.
This recipe for pan seared salmon with two sides has a bit of Mediterranean flair. Crispy salsa verde cucumbers and a refreshing watermelon jicama bulgur salad are healthy sides that round out the meal. Easy, elegant and ready in under 30 minutes makes my entree in this challenge an amazing salsa salmon dinner. Oh, and don’t forget that creamy tzatziki. It’s a crazy good blend of Sam’s salsa verde salsa and Greek yogurt.
The Other Ingredients
- crispy mini cucumbers, no need to peel, but trim the ends
- Full fat plain Greek Yogurt for the richest tzatziki
- bulgur wheat gets covered in boiling water for about 1 hour until tender
- Greek feta in a block for the best flavor and texture
- Wild caught salmon with the skin on because sustainability is important
- The highest quality olive oil has a source an expiration date on the bottle
- Grapeseed oil for its high smoke point
- Grape tomatoes, arugula and cilantro from your garden or local farmer
Yes, even a day in advance
I suggest soaking the bulgur in boiling water and draining it well in advance. Chill it in the fridge, so it’s ready to toss with the rest of the ingredients. Plate the salad with arugula and cheese just before serving.
Absolutely. It will be just as good.
Of course. Any firm fillet will work. I also like maki maki and halibut.
Enjoy an easy and healthy golden-crisp pan seared seafood dinner complete with two fresh salsa sides and tzatziki sauce
3 mini cucumbers, thinly sliced
2 tablespoons Sam’s Salsa Verde Salsa
1 cup full fat plain Greek yogurt
¼ cup Sam’s Salsa Verde Salsa
2 cups cooked bulgur
1 cup Sam’s fresh Watermelon Jicama salsa
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon kosher salt
8 grape tomatoes, halved
2 cups baby arugula
2 tablespoons freshly crumbled feta cheese
4 (6 oz. each) salmon fillets
1 tablespoon Southwest seasoning
2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
Fresh cilantro for garnish
- In a serving bowl, toss cucumbers with salsa verde salsa; cover and chill.
- In another small bowl, blend Greek yogurt and salsa verde salsa to make tzatziki; cover and chill.
- In a large bowl, gently toss bulgur, watermelon jicama salsa, olive oil, salt and tomatoes until well mixed.
- Place arugula on serving plate and top with bulgur mixture. Sprinkle with feta. Chill bulgur salad until ready to serve.
- Season salmon with your favorite Southwest seasoning.
- Heat grapeseed oil in large skillet over medium-high heat until hot and shimmering. Place salmon in pan, skin side up. Cook the salmon for 4 minutes (do not move it) or until golden and crisp. Flip the fillets and reduce heat to medium. Cook 4 to 5 minutes more or until just barely cooked in the center or to your liking.
- Serve salmon topped with salsa verde tzatziki. Arrange on plate with bulgur salad and cucumbers. Garnish with cilantro.
- Category: healthy
- Method: stove top
- Cuisine: Mediterranean/Mexican
Keywords: seafood, fresh and healthy, dinner in 30, quick and easy, recipe contest, bulgur salad
Check out Sam’s Fresh Salsa social media links and website for more information and great recipes. Further, you can purchase Sam’s Fresh Salsa at: ShopRite, Acme, and Safeway. I suggest that you run to your nearest store to grab that watermelon jicama salsa as it is a limited addition.