Orange Crushed Cupcakes
In the best case scenario, love would not bring pain. Yet, in our world that is the reality. We love someone. We lose someone and we must experience the pain and the grief. I am grateful every day that my William felt the love of family, but it is that deep love that makes mourning so difficult. At first, you feel like you won't survive it. You've been CRUSHED. Then comes a kind of angry sadness as you confront the fact that your loved one is really gone. It's like a part of you has died along with him or her. Then those intense feelings slowly decline and you reenter the world as someone sort of new. Someone you didn't know you could be.
Is the pain of love and loss worth it? Absolutely 100%! Here comes Valentine's Day. It is one of those love-hate holidays for most. Hopefully, you have a Crush on someone and here is a simple way to show it. Buy a can of orange Crush soda and with a sharpie pen a sweet message on the can. Then.....print out this recipe and give it to them, so they can bake you these orange crushed cupcakes.Print
Crush it with these tender cupcakes
- ½ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1-cup sugar
- 1-teaspoon fresh orange zest
- ⅛ teaspoon orange oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups cake flour
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup orange soda
- Frosting: ½ cup unsalted butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 2 drops orange oil
- pinch of salt
- 2-3 teaspoons fresh orange juice
- Heat oven 350F. Line cupcake tin with paper liners.
- Cream butter, sugar, zest and orange oil with electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time beating until well incorporated.
- Whisk flour, baking soda and salt for 30 seconds. Gradually add in dry ingredients alternating with orange soda, scraping down sides of bowl as needed.
- Beat one minute until all is thoroughly mixed.
- Scoop batter into prepared liners filling ¾ full.
- Bake 20 to 22 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool and frost.
- FROSTING: Beat all ingredients together adding just enough orange juice to make a fluffy frosting.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: dessert
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cupcakes, orange crush, soda, fun and festive, Valentine's Day