Cranberry Crunch Bars
Healthy On-The-Go snacks are an essential for busy families. Whether you are a mom waiting on dance class to let out or a student suddenly having a snack attack during a long lecture, or just need a tasty break from work, having a handy, grab & go energizing snack can be a game changer.
However, quality store-bought snack bars can be expensive and what’s more sometimes filled with unappealing ingredients like preservatives and excessive sweeteners. Let’s try making our own. As you know, I love a great product and a good recipe challenge, so I have entered into the Cape Cod Select Blogger Recipe Contest.
With premium cranberries as the foundation this recipe is the perfect mix of nutritious superfoods. Protein packed roasted nuts add crunchy flavor and seeds add fiber and heart-healthy fats. Between the cranberries, dates and touch of brown rice syrup there is a perfect balance of natural sweetness. What’s more, both kids and adults will love them as the perfect breakfast on the go, mid-afternoon desk snack, or pre-workout fix. Bake up a batch to have on hand throughout the week.
Bonus: the recipe comes together quickly with things you may already have in your pantry. Toss one of these cranberry crunch bars in your lunch box, brown bag and backpack and be ready any time a snack attack strikes. Don’t ever need to be “hangry” again. <3Print
Grab & Go Cranberry Crunch Bars
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 10 bars 1x
- Diet: Vegetarian
healthy on-the-go snack
1 ¼ cups Cape Cod Select Premium Frozen Cranberries
8 pitted dates, finely chopped
¼ cup brown rice syrup
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups assorted unsalted, roasted whole nuts, coarsely chopped
1 cup puffed rice cereal
¼ cup roasted pepitas or sunflower seeds
1 tablespoon chia seeds
- Heat oven to 350F. Line an 8-inch square baking dish with parchment paper or foil leaving a slight overhang. Spray with non-stick spray.
- Finely chop cranberries in a food processor.
- In small saucepan, over medium heat, combine cranberries, dates, brown rice syrup, butter and salt. Stirring, bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes or until mixture is quite thick.
- In a large bowl, toss nuts, cereal, and seeds. Add cranberry mixture and stir well to coat the nuts, cereal and seeds. Press mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Cool in pan on wire rack for 30 minutes. Chill in pan in refrigerator for 30 minutes or until cold.
- Using the edges of parchment, lift from pan and place on a cutting surface.
- Slice into bars. Wrap individually in parchment paper or foil and store in the refrigerator.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: healthy
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: snacks, cranberries, healthy, bars, nuts, seeds
Yummy!! I need make these!
I do hope you give them a try. They are addicting.