Green Curry Chicken Pies with Everything Bagel Crust Bites marries a creamy green curry chicken and vegetable filling with delightfully seasoned bites of crust. It's comforting like pot pies should be, but just a tad more glamorous with those flaky squares of everything bagel crust on top. Plus, everyone gets their own pie. So forking good.
This is my Center of the Plate entry in the Wick’s Pies Recipe Challenge. I received several dough circles to create out of this world sweet and savory recipes.
Green Curry Chicken Pies with Everything Bagel Crust Bites Ingredient Options
- the pre-cooked chicken can be light meat or dark
- I use rotisserie chicken, but leftover grilled chicken or canned chicken works too
- any fresh or frozen vegetables may be used
- soy sauce may be used instead of fish sauce
- light or dark brown sugar or palm sugar can be used
- make sure to use unsweetened coconut milk
- fresh Thai basil is the best, but regular basil or cilantro is fine
- find green curry paste in international section of grocery store
- everything bagel seasoning contains dried garlic, onion, poppy, sesame seeds, salt
Ready made pie dough circles from Wick's Pies plus some pantry staples really makes this recipe a breeze. If you can dice a potato and chop a shallot you can have an easy homemade dinner on the table in less than an hour. Honestly, no one will know those yummy bites of crust are not homemade. I won't tell if you don't.
The filling for these pies features creamy coconut milk fragrant with ginger, shallots and a kick from green curry paste. Fish sauce, lime juice and a bit of brown sugar add to the balance of flavor infusing the chicken and vegetables with such aromatic goodness. The basil adds some freshness, but it is the everything bagel crust bites that are the crowning glory of these green curry chicken pies.
As we transition into the cooler weather of fall I can see a variety of pies, both sweet and savory, happening in my kitchen. How about yours? Let's make it all simply delicious with Wick's Pies.Print
Comforting creamy green curry chicken pot pie with everything bagel seasoned crust bites.
2 tablespoons butter plus additional for pans
½ to 1 tablespoon Thai green curry paste
1 shallot, chopped
1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
1 can (14 oz.) coconut milk
1 cup small dice peeled russet potato
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
1 tablespoon fish sauce
2 cups diced cooked chicken
1 cup frozen peas & carrots
4 Thai basil leaves or regular basil, thinly sliced
½ teaspoon kosher salt, optional
¼ teaspoon black pepper, optional
1 Wick’s Pies Dough Circle
1 egg white
1 tablespoon everything bagel seasoning
- Heat oven to 375F. Place rack in upper third of oven.
- Lightly butter 4 (4-inch) pie pans and place on a baking tray.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir in desired amount of curry paste (½ tablespoon is a mild heat), shallot and ginger; cook for 2 minutes or until very fragrant. Add coconut milk, potato, brown sugar, lime juice and fish sauce; stir well. Bring mixture to a gentle boil and simmer for 15 minutes or just until potatoes are tender and sauce is thickened.
- Add chicken, peas and carrots; cook stirring for 5 minutes or until heated through. Stir in basil. Taste filling and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper, if needed.
- Divide filling among prepared pans.
- Meanwhile, lay dough circle on work surface. Brush lightly with egg white. Sprinkle everything bagel seasoning evenly on top. With a pizza wheel or sharp knife, cut dough into ½-1-inch squares.
- Arrange dough squares, seasoning-side-up, over filling.
- Bake in upper third of oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown.
Ramekins or casserole dish can be used in place of pie plates.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Category: main dish
- Method: stovetop/oven
- Cuisine: Thai
Keywords: green curry chicken, everything bagel, pot pie, quick dinner, crust bites
For more information visit Wick’s Pies
And for dessert, check out my delicious fragrant 5-spice miso caramel apple pie with black sesame crust also made with Wick's Pies Dough Circles. And for breakfast my pie crust granola here.